Thursday, September 5, 2013

Baby Bump: BOY!

Hello bloggers!
It's been a while, huh? 
Well my computer broke. And I'm working like a maniac! Oh yeah, I've been packing too! Plus all the doctor's appointments.
Obviously, I haven't had time to write a blog. 

WARNING: I may give vivid details about pregnancy, child birth and all the little joys that come along with it. So if you're squeamish with this sort of thing, I suggest you never give yourself the opportunity to conceive. Or just don't read my blog.  

At 14 weeks we got to the chance to heart the heartbeat but the little one didn't feel like coming out of their hiding spot. YAY! Literally scared the hell out of me because I thought I was having a hysterical pregnancy. My doctor scheduled an ultrasound, which I had been wanting anyways. An hour later I'm lying on a table with a wand shoved up my vagina to see our little baby is totally perfect and healthy. The worst part of it all is that all you care about is seeing your baby; the doctors have to check out every little bump and corner of the uterus, ovaries, cervix, LITERALLY EVERYTHING.
 IMG_5281.jpg
I go to monthly checkups to have my weight tracked, I pee in a cup, blood pressure, they ask me if I've had contractions or pains or felt the baby moving, I ask questions, listen to the heartbeat, ext. 
It's a huge privilege to have such advanced technology to be able to let parents see and hear their baby while it's still growing inside mommy.
At about 17 weeks I felt the little flutters in my tummy! Everyone tried to explain to me what they were going to feel like but they're nothing like anything I could have imagined. They're wings of a butterfly fluttering yet feels like gas bubbles, it's very alien but comforting at the same time. This is also about the time I really started showing. Two important things I had been impatiently waiting four months to experience. I was and still am grateful to see and feel my baby.
20 weeks and 4 days, I had my halfway ultrasound. This is the one where they tell you if you're having a girl or a boy! Levi and I had been counting down the days, we were going crazy! We both started off wanting a boy, then we wanted a girl! Almost everyone we asked wanted a girl! Five or six out of twenty or so wanted a boy. Luckily, Levi had the day off! When she asked us if we'd like to know the sex, there was no hesitation when we answered with our yes. She told us our baby is definitely boy! He was wiggling his little penis around just like his daddy! He wouldn't show his cute face, but was certain to make sure we knew he was a little boy!
His name: Jamie Ty Adema
IMG_5598.JPG
This is his hand hiding his face from us!

I'm now 22 weeks and 1 day pregnant and there is no doubt that he can kick me and punch me all day long to let me know he's down there, telling me hi! He's sitting so low I have to pee about every half hour. I can tell he's going to be a fighter! Levi and I both have a feeling that I'm going to end up being on bed rest by the way my ankles and hips swell every day.
I'm working about 4 days a week, no more than 28 hours.
We're finally moving out of our stupid, shitty, house with our idiot of a roommate tomorrow night. THANK GOD! We'll have a two bedroom to ourselves that's going to be clean all the time.
I really believe that life is changing for the better for our little family.

Time to go to work, until next time. 

No comments:

Post a Comment